On Feb 26, 2006, at 12:29 PM, Stuart Saxonberg wrote:

Hi, everybody! Long time, no post.

Lately, now that diesel prices have died down a bit, I fixed an electrical
problem, and so on, I've been driving my 300D again, and I've noticed
something making a big rattling noise at idle, from the engine compartment.

That's not really new, of course - what is, is that the noise goes away if I turn the steering wheel either direction enough to "feel" the wheels turn.

Any idea what might be making it quiet down when I do that, and how I can
make it be quiet all the time instead of just when I turn the wheels?

Thanks,
        Stuart S.
                1976 300D w115

        Could your PS pump be falling off? Loose Belt?

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am