it's almost never springs.  springs is one of the lowest customer
satisfaction items we sell as they almost never fix the problem they are
bought to fix.  I dread every time we sell springs as I know that more
likely than not i will have an unhappy customer on my hands.  doesn't matter
whether they are original or aftermarket.