Curley, go with Consumer Cellular and you won't be sorry. Tell them I
recommended you and I get a credit. I've had CC for over 10 years. I switched
from Verizon. I purchased two iPhone 3s from eBay (one for me, one for my
wife). CC send me the sim cards for free, walked me through the setup, etc. CC
has great customer service. I just get the basic plan as I don't use cell
phones much. I also get my AARP discount. I've now changed to an iPhone 4
(daughter gave me her old phone) and the switch of phones was completely
painless. Yes, they use ATT lines. I get great service everywhere I've been and
that includes the mountains in Appalachia, except at home as I live down in a
valley with lots of hills and trees so I only get 2 bars of service. I can
still use it at home ok as long as I don't walk around while talking.
Just some personal experience.
Good Luck and best wishes,
Roger
Roger Hale