> I'm pretty much ready to replace SWMBO's iPhone with an Android phone,
> she's struggling too much with the darn thing and I really don't have the
> patience to figure it out anymore.  I picked an iPhone for her thinking it
> would be easier for a non-technical person, but now I regret spending all
> that money on it.

My wife's (now mine) 4S has worked flawlessly since she got it, shortly
after they came out.  It Just Works (TM).  Battery life is nowhere near
what my Razr was, but other than that...

I did replace the battery in it some time ago, which is possible for mere
mortals to do.  (Not on newer ones, they're glued together.)  There went
$5.  Smart phones eat battery, yum.  Had she bought max storage instead of
not, she'd probably still be using it.  But she loads hers up with
mega-crap...

I'm still running iOS 7, and have _not_ upgraded to 8 or 9.  I don't know
of anybody who's said that they are glad they have done so, and plenty
who've said they wished they could go back.  (Which is not possible.  At
least, not without heroic effort.)  So here I sit, smug and happy, surfing
the trailing edge again.

-- Jim