On 15/02/2017 2:14 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
That's easy.  It hasn't sold because 1) looks ordinary and unwashed, 2)
isn't a turbo, 3) has over 200k miles, 4) is 20 years old, and 5) limited
market for Mercedes sedans.  It could also be that Tampa area is not
exactly a hotbed for diesel enthusiasts.

I would guess that the only issue is that potential buyers are afraid of the costs of repair for an old Mercedes diesel if it proves to be troublesome. Most people are not willing or able to do much repair work themselves. Any sort of repair in a garage is expensive.

I doubt you will find much else that looks desirable in the Tampa car listings for a comparable price.

RB