On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 17:25:19 -0700 G Mann via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Actually.. I have quite a lot of time firing those guns.. and they have
> virtually zero recoil.. the barrels rotate and cool so each barrel
> fires, then takes a turn, which allows incredible high rate of fire.. A
> 1 minute burst would put a bullet in every square inch of a football
> field.. for example.

It's interesting that the Air Force version, mounted on planes, has a
firing rate 2-3x that of the Army version, mounted on ground vehicles,
because they are forced air cooled by the slipstream.

During the Vietnam conflict, the F4 pilots would find a train in the
North and, when it was on a long stretch of straight track, zoom down at
either the front or back, start the cannon, and pull up, putting a 20 mm
HE round at least one per car.

> I think the pic is of a "for show" piece that was built "just for fun".
> But, as you say.. neat pic.

Indeed.

Craig