I have wonderings about oldest boys.  Dads know how to make car things better,
but end up not getting ear time.   #1 boy put his w140 out of commission, so
SWMBA decided his car was evil and he needed a “better” car.  Benz is bad.  The
solution is to purchase a “benz” built Jeep for mucho dollars.

Now #1 boy does no inspections or updates on his “new” car, just drives it, as
if it is blessed and perfect because SWMBA had her way.  Instead, the jeep was
not taken car of by PO, and it dies after driving from ND to SEA.  I haul his
butt to ND in a 30 year old Benz.  Then I drive his 10 year old benz built Jeep
to ND, and my 30 year old Evil car back another 1252 miles.  SWMBA foots the
repair bill for the jeep.

Flash to two days ago.   Oldest boy calls to find out if he can make a fix
because he was not holding the door in 50 MPH gales and the driver door went
sproing! as it tried to become a wing instead of a door.  Now it does not align
properly and all is sad.  I told him to get an estimate from a body shop.
Which was really expensive, so he should just use BFH to smack the metal back
to a manner that will allow the door to fit right once again.  A bit of a
hillbilly fix, but cheaper than asking SWMBA for more cash.

Had the boy just spent a few grand to make the w140 roll again, it would have
been so much more economical.  All it needs to run properly is a fresh wire
harness instead of the biodegradable original and toss in the dang head gasket,
which would deal with leakage.  And, have a shop build him a replacement
radiator for the one -40 made bad.

<end rant>