Back in the 80s, the USAF had a program for spouses to ride along on
designated "safe" training missions.  This program suddenly ended when one
such C135 crashed, killing all aboard.  The investigation concluded that a
spouse in the left seat had clicked in a bunch of nose-down trim (thinking
she was pressing "push to talk" which was a similar rocker switch on the
yoke for intercom and radio).  When the autopilot tripped off the sudden
dive pinned anyone not securely strapped in against the ceiling, which,
unfortunately, included the pilot and copilot.  By the time any of the real
crew could reach the controls, the aircraft was already in an unrecoverable
Mach-tuck dive.  Aviation and guns should never be taken lightly.