Penny wise, pound foolish. Odds of durable patch are pretty much zero. High
chance of failure and overheating engine on freeway with attendant head
issues.

I like the cut and splice metal sleeve in idea. But it cracked for a
reason. I never really mind shelling out cash for oe hoses when needed,
because then I no longer have to think about that hose for a decade or
whatever. I think I destroyed one like that on the 617 at the back of the
head when the head came off; it looked fine but when I pulled on it to
remove, the inside of a bend came apart.. They all got replaced with hoses
from Tom Hanson. When you manilulate it to splice you may crack it again in
another spot, so be careful not to pull too hard on it.