Coupla things -- stripped gears, you will see. Those little plastic sliders have broken, they are "riveted" in. The driven gear arm has popped a rivet (I had this on the TD at one time and repaired with like a 5mm nut/bolt ground down a bit to fit in the area where the rivet was, to get clearance). I'm guessing #2 or #3.

--FT