<< Also, when the headlight is dim and the warning light is on I can put the
brights on and the
warning light goes away (I don't think this indicates anything, I think this
is what sis supposed to happen). Any thoughts?>>

High beam is not monitored, for a start.

I would look for a bad ground. Follow the brown wire from the bulb plug to a
nearby ground stud. To check the ground, with the lights on, connect a
voltmeter (set on DC volts) from the brown wire on the back of the plug to a
known
good ground. It should read nearly zero.

RLE