ATTABOY!

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred Moir via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Fred Moir" <fredh.s...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2017 1:17 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Key-ryst

Alles.

First a great big thank you for the seminal idea of vibrating the key/lock to release the jammed key.

THANK YOU!

I'm back in business.

At Luke's house, I used the vibrating cutter with bolted on key to release the lock into the run position. Took about 45 mins.

Once freed, we jumped the starter and I drove home. Disconnected the battery and called it a day.

Ordered tumbler assy from local dealer and it came in yesterday. Today, it was feeling in the dark for the two slots for the release tool insertion position, as the front of the lock assembly was broken free of the part with the wards. A 2 mm rod was crucial for poking around. Finally had all things lined up and the correct toll removed key, lock assembly and security cover together.

Installed new lock and connected battery and, e viols! it works as new.

I was fortunate to have a coven of experts to call on.

Again. THANK YOU!

Fred.

Fred Moir.
Lynn MA.