Hi,

    Lately the idle speed on my son's 1988 190E has  been very erratic.  It
usually runs around 800 but for no reason sometimes  goes as high as 2500 and
gets stuck there.  If the gas pedal is hit a  couple of times it usually goes
down to  normal.  Occasionally when hitting the gas pedal does not work he  has
to shut the car off and start it again.  It happened with both a  warm and
cold engine.

    I tried cleaning the linkage and lubricating but it  still happened.  Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Bob Koziak
1988 190E  128K
1983 300D 116K