Did anyone see this coming?  Vivint is a solid company - I considered them
for my solar PV roof panels but they only leased them, IIRC.

STORAGEMercedes-Benz breaks into U.S. marketPublished: Friday, May 19, 2017

Mercedes-Benz has entered the U.S. residential solar and energy storage
market in a big way.

The German automaker has partnered with Vivint Solar Inc. to combine its
2.5 kilowatt-hour batteries with the solar company's rooftop array.

The combined product — with a price tag of $5,000 to $13,000 — will help
Mercedes-Benz compete against rivals like Tesla Inc. that have also joined
forces with solar installers.

"As Mercedes-Benz electrifies its vehicle fleet, solar plus storage is
essential to enable those vehicles to be powered by clean energy," Boris
von Bormann, CEO of Mercedes-Benz Energy Americas LLC, said in a press
release.

"Everybody's adding an energy-storage offering one way or another," said
Shayle Kann, head of GTM Research. "Solar plus energy storage at the
residential level is almost definitely the future, but it isn't yet the
present" (Diane Cardwell, *New York Times*
<https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/business/energy-environment/vivint-solar-mercedes-benz-battery.html>,
May 18).