On 02/06/2017 1:53 PM, Mountain Man via Mercedes wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Scientists say * bears are moving into the more populated eastern half
of Massachusetts.
There, I fixed the trigger-point.  People, bears, other words are just
fine without further refinement using adjectives to discriminate
around the general population.  Or, maybe we have greater angst around
bears that are black versus other colors.  Do we have greater angst
around persons that are black versus other colors?
Let's keep this list without angs.
mao

so what is this - politically correct mumbo jumbo?

Black bears are not the same as polar bears or kodiak bears or koala bears etc. It is a name that quite nicely describes the bear in most cases (although, there are black bears that are more brown in color).

RB