[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Gang!
Thought I'd do something simple, bzzzzzzt! wrong! I raised the mast by turning the radio on - loosened the securing nut and tried to pull the mast out. It came up another section (which wasn't being raised automatically) but then it stopped, clunk. I pulled pretty hard but it didn't budge. The replacement is a Hirschmann but the old was is not marked with the typical H on the antenna tip. Also, the existing antenna tip is black rubber and the new one is a crome button.

Any ideas? The instructions that came with the new mast (from Rusty) are pretty clear - and I'm sure I followed them exactly - but the mast did *not* want to come out.

The later ('90+ I think) "black" masts are NOT interchangeable with the earlier "silver" masts that are in mt '87 and earlier 124/201s. I have had NO experience with the later masts..

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi