I have one of those mechanical crimp tools that you put in a vice for AC
hoses.  Works pretty well.  I used it to make up a set for a W108 280SE,
and will probably do the same for my 250S soon.

I think its this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Mastercool-71550-Black-Manual-Crimper/dp/B000WBQ4U2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497751431&sr=8-1

There are places online that sell the hose by the foot, so you can buy what
you need.

Jaime

On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Has anyone ever had hoses rebuilt by a local hose supplier, such as
> Amazon?  What did it cost?
>
> I am seriously considering taking all of the hoses off of the 350SDL and
> having them rebuilt, but I’m wondering if it’s cost effective to do so
> rather than replace with new.  And I wonder if new (MB) hoses are barrier
> style material, too?
>
> A couple of the hoses are around $100/each my cost from MB.  I’ve got to
> look at the plumbing on the back of the compressor where there are hard
> lines and an accumulator, as one setup has hoses that are a part of this
> assembly, another doesn’t.  I’m not sure which one I have.
>
> With the youngster heading out of town in a week I’ll be able to dismantle
> the AC system on the car without too much pressure to get it back together,
> so I can take my time and do this right so it will be good for years to
> come.
>
> I just saw a 1997 E320 wagon that looks really nice.  I might go look at
> it and see if it’s worth picking up. One owner, Florida car, 150k on the
> clock.  Been trying to sell it for a month without a buyer at $4500.  It
> will be dropping off CL in another day or two….
>
> -D

Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/