Sounds like the guy is just an old Ford collector. One of the Jalopnik guys
had an article about how he almost couldn't give his old luxo barge away
and lost money on it. So it is all subjective. Find the right guy and you
can name your own price.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Donald Snook via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> There is actually a pretty big market for old malaise era Land Yachts.
> This particular car isn't that big.  But, my brother and I went to an
> auction last December and old 70's luxo yachts were selling fairly high.
> He ended up buying a 1977 Thunderbird with 19,000 miles.   He just sold it
> last week and doubled his money!   The guy who bought it also has a 1977
> Lincoln Mark, a 1978 Granada, and a 1978 Mustang II.  My brother is going
> to another auction next month to check out a 1979 Lincoln Mark with a
> 28,000 miles.   It is amazing how much $ people are making flipping this
> big boats.
>
> Don Snook

"Das beste oder nichts." - *Gottlieb Daimler*