-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jim Cathey
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 9:25 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Project 240D in Oregon

> Holy cats, this guy is, how you say, on crack. The thing "pulls
> hills"? With 70 gallons of fuel and with passengers and an automatic?
> Did he fail to mention the twin turbo chargers?

More like 45 gallons.

> Good to see what your car looks like, Jim.

More like: "...car used to look like"!

Anybody got (or could take) a detailed photo of the throttle linkage
mess atop the valve cover?  I want to see how the extra linkage stuff I
found in the trunk fits on, so I can hook up the idle knob and cruise
actuator.  This is a 79 240D, without vacuum to the tranny.  It has the
around-the-engine-in- 80-days throttle linkage, a vestige of the
throttle butterfly system, rather than the ball-socket torque rod that
came later.

-- Jim