From: Curt Raymond [mailto:curtlud...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2017 2:53 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Donald Snook <d...@snooklawllc.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] uh oh Oil Thread

I've given up on worrying about oil, if it meets a reasonably current
specification I use it and don't worry about it.

Our '05 VW Golf TDI REQUIRES a specific spec of oil which is relatively hard to
find. Valvoline makes the only oil that meets the spec that you can find at
most FLAPS. I started using it in the pickup because the Valvoline place is
easier to get into than the Mobil place... Pickup doesn't seem to care.

Wait 5000 miles and pull a sample for analysis, then you'll really know whats
going on in there...

-Curt