Yes, but the question is, and you should know this all too well, did he
consider all of his acquisition costs, such as the flight, expense to drive
back, the repairs he had to make (and I know he took it to at least one shop
for repairs) as well as replacing a tire?

I’m betting he didn’t.

If you go to the show he’ll probably be driving his Porsche 914, the only car
he’s owned forever.  Should be easy to pick him out.

-D