'Doubt I'll be getting one.  'Gonna let y'all fawn over 'em.

Wilt

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Mitch Haley" <mi...@mitchellhaley.com>
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2017 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] It's a Nissan

On July 7, 2017 at 11:05 AM Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

But we in the US won't get it anyway

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2017/07/mercedes-benz-s-first-pickup-truck-is-debuting-this-month.html?

"The company believes the pickup is too small for American shoppers."

For the same reason that Ford Rangers have ridiculous resale values?

I agree that Mercedes shouldn't go chasing the abandoned market of small truck users who are still mourning their rusted out LUVs, but somebody ought to be making trucks for those who don't want a SUV but don't need a F150 either. LUVs, Couriers and the like were immensely popular in the 1970s, and the reason for their existence hasn't gone away, has it?

Mitch.