the shutoff leaver/cable on the side of the pump is out of adjustment and not fulling going to the run position.

kevin kraly wrote:

Well, I've been going back and forth on this 220D project should I fix it, should I part it out? Well, I'm parting her out. However, I think I may have found a car that can benefit from some donor parts. It's a 1974 240D auto. It's straight and rust free, original paint that seems like it'll buff out ok, interior better than my 220D, but there's something going on with the IP. The car will start up fine with some diesel in the intake, but it either isn't delivering enough fuel to the injectors or not all of the delivery valves are pumping. I don't really believe his story that it was rebuilt but still isn't right (that's a lot of money to throw away). The guy wants to know what it's worth to me. I paid $100 for the one I have now that doesn't even run with diesel poured down its snout where this one does. This one also has the added bonuses of euro headlights, an in-trunk auxiliary fuel tank and a power sunroof as well as AC and power steering. So, what do y'all think that this one is worth considering that my IP can fix the problem or that the original IP can be made to work? I really do like the W115 body style, and since I don't have a lot of money to buy one that's in top shape, I want to find one cheap enough but still worth putting some sweat equity into it as Jim Cathey seems to be resourceful enough to do.

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon
1973 220D parts donor, perhaps