Just disable the bloody thing. It does basically no good anyway.
(Think about it- when was the last time you heard a car alarm - ANY
car alarm - and rushed out to go see what was the matter?) Find the
black box labaled "Becker" and unplug all connectors. On a W124, it's
located under the passenger's feet against the firwall, next to the
red SRS connector. I'm not sure where it is on a W126 but I bet Kleb
or someone else can edify us.

If you really want to diagnose & fix it, I'd start by replacing the
switch contacts on the driver's lock cylinder. (yes, the switch is
available separately, no you don't need a whole new lock, like I had
been told many moons ago...)

=)

-Dave M.