The 870 is a pump, I've owned a few of them. I'm not sure about the Mossberg.

BTW, I think at $800 you got a good deal.

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Dan Penoff
via Mercedes
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2017 10:58 AM
To: Mercedes List
Cc: Dan Penoff
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Bought a New O/U Shotgun

That’s good to know.  Thanks!

I was really torn, as there are all the naysayers that trash the low end
entries in the O/U world, despite seeing plenty of people who are happy with
their choices.  Then you have the purists who swear that if you don’t spend at
least two grand on a shotgun it’s got to be a POC.

I think the thing that really sealed it for me was the several hours I spent at
Bass Pro yesterday just going through all of their entry level O/Us and being
really disappointed at the fit and finish of the guns compared to higher end
brands.  I realize that there has got to be somewhere in the process where you
don’t do it as well as a higher quality offering, but it was pretty much across
the board in all of them.

I looked at the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500, but I really didn’t want a
semiauto to start with.  That being said, I’m now looking for a second shotgun
that can be used by my youngest when he comes along with me or anyone else I
might want to tag along, and that will be a semiauto, most likely an 870 or a
Mossberg 500.

-D