You are welcome, glad it worked out.  Their Customer service is great.
Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig McCluskey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 11:02 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Suggestions for a replacement radio

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 08:00:29 -0500 "MICHAEL ESH" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

I ordered nice Pioneer for my 1981 300SD from Crutchfield.  It even came
with a free wiring harness and OE speaker wire connections
Mike
http://www.crutchfield.com

I went there, liked what I saw (boy, are there a lot of choices!), and
called them (Need Help Deciding? 888-955-6000). The lady who answered a
few minutes ago (they're open until midnight) was very knowledgeable. I
mentioned that out here in New Mexico I needed a good tuner and, with our
dark roads, didn't want something with a gaudy front panel.

She directed me to the Pioneer DEH-2800MP CD player with MP3/WMA playback
Item #130DEH2800 for $124.99
(http://www.crutchfield.com/S-s72X4uFYzHQ/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&id=e
ssential_info&i=130DEH2800#Tab ). I looked at the specs and placed my
order. Three day shipping was only $3 extra, so I took that, too.

Thanks for the tip on Crutchfield.

Craig