Right fender liner, stud for holding liner on the outside face of the foot
well.  Pull the liner and check this area for rust.  That is where my '87 wagon
rusted through and allows water to get in.

I had that patched and it held for about a year, but now it is leaking again.

The cowl drain discharges right onto this stud, which eventually (rust never
sleeps) will hole the body.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC