So I when out back to the rusty 95 e300 to harvest the rear exhaust for the
green 95 I started driving. After I pulled it and got it in the shop I
discovered it was cracked in the same spot as the one it is replacing. I
decided to try out the HF 220v welder. I got t welded up but it ain't pretty.
See photo. I then when out to the pile of parts to hunt for an axle shaft. I
found one that looks right but I suspect it could be for a 126. I won't really
know until I get the one off the car. After about an hour of getting the 6
bolts loose from the diff side I removed the big bolt on the outboard side.
Normally I hit it a couple of times with a bfh and it pops loose, but I could
not seem to locate it so I used the next biggest one but it did no good. So I'm
at a stand still till I locate or go get another hammer. I'm afraid I will get
it out and the one I have will not be the right one. I really do not think this
is a job I want to do out back on the ground. So, if it's not right I may have
to look into just buying a new one. Where can you get these? Seemed like there
used to be a place that had decent quality decent priced ones.

Before I even started this mess I did front and rear pads on the SDL. The first
wheel I did was the right rear and one of the pistons was jammed and would not
push back. So I pulled a caliper from the pile of parts and put it back
together. I did not seem to really loose much of any fluid and did not bleed
that caliper. The rest went as normal. After getting it back together I have no
brakes at all. It goes to the floor and after working it a bunch it seems to
grab a little when it's almost to the floor. So I guess I will have to get a
helper to pump the pedal while I bleed the brakes. I am not sure if you can do
it alone with a mitivac and I don't have one of those power bleeder deals.

Sent from my iPhone