Yesterday I picked up a Uhaul van and picked up the rest of the past that came
with Allen. Getting the spare engine/trans into the van was a huge PITA due to
them not being separated. The very warm weather did not make it any better, and
trying to drive an unknown vehicle loaded up with near max weight was
entertaining.

I was able to lasso a neighbor into assisting in getting the package out of the
van and drug across the road and up the driveway. I had to purchase the cheapo
harbour fright one ton hoist and a pair of el cheapo appliance moving critter
things. I chose the super deluxe steel enforced over the wood.

Getting the motor into the van was a chore, as the arm was higher than the door
opening. We had to mess about lowering and shifting the thing to get it in,
then unhook and hook back with the arm inside. Coming out was less extreme. The
motor had tipped over and getting upright was interesting. I was able to get
the arm just under the door and tipped the engine over so it would sort of
spill out.

I then had to make a magic rope hooked to my deck which overhangs the garage
door. Two of the cheep chinee ratchet straps and a come along did the trick.
Sadly the come along was only 36" worth of cable, so much adjustments were made
to get the thing across the street and up the drive to flat ground. All the
while the motor is swinging and swaying on the hoist as it gets hung up on
every dang pebble and bump.

Once on flat land, I slid this 1000# moving dolly under the motor and lower it.
First drop was not good, so pump it up and try again. Second drop looked great.
Lowered it just right so that the oil pan and the trans pan are both on the
dolly. Drop the arm a bit more so the motor settles, and the crap dolly
explodes. Cheeppy recycled plastic shatters and the "steel" box support twists
and contorts. Wasted $20 on these things. At least I can salvage the casters.

At this point we give up and just let it hang on the hoist. Job is "done" so
time for beers to cool off. When the sun went lower and temps dropped I grabbed
a bottle of Dollar Store LA Amazzzing cleaner and begin scrubbing the
accumulated filth off the engine. It took the whole bottle, but on the whole,
it looks quite nice. Missing injectors, some throttle rods, hoses and small
things. Probably good enough for the guy who wants to toss it into his mudder
truck. I had been thinking maybe and SLC.

clay