So the axle I had on hand was too short so it did not come out of a 124, I
think it was a 126 axle. So after remembering the tricks to the job I was able
to pull an axle out of the rusty e300 in about 10 minutes. Got it installed in
the car. Next up was installing the rear exhaust I pulled out of the other car.
For some reason it is hanging slightly too high. Just enough to cause annoying
rattles and it is contacting the diff end of the axle and the bolt heads are
hitting it causing a hell of a noise. I jacked around with it prying it around
to no avail. I had enough and gave up for the day. Tomorrow I will probably
drop the exhaust down again and see if bending the rear and middle mounting
hooks up slightly will drop the exhaust down. It only needs to be down probably
a quarter of an inch.

Sent from my iPhone