Does the 124 use a rubber seal? When they did the windshield in my '85 190D he
glued it in with what looked like a cordless caulk gun.
-Curt

      From: Larry Turner via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Cc: Larry Turner <l02tur...@comcast.net>
 Sent: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 12:50 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] 95 E300D W124 Water in Footwell

The AC condensate can also drain into the footwell if the drain hoses
(there are 2) become dislodged.  The trick is watching when the water
appears - when it's humid and AC is being used or when the car is in
rain.  It is easier to reseal the windshield IMO.  I had my windshield
replaced last year for less than $200 including new glass.  I re-used
the w'seal without a problem but you might want to find a new one.

Good luck,
LarryT
91 300D

On 08/05/2017 9:47 AM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
> How will the leaking windshield be identified?  Is there a particular area I
> should look closely at to see?
>
> Thanks, everyone.  I’ll make a list and get out the garden hose.
>
> -D
>

>> On Aug 5, 2017, at 9:36 AM, Peter Frederick via Mercedes
>> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>>
>> Probably the same thing on the left side.  I'd vote cowl drain too, but also
>> check for a leaking windshield.

---