Good info, thanks. I kinda like the idea of having a fairly strong structure already built and dry, and the dimensions are quite spacious. Spray some foam on the walls with a bit of furring for wiring and yer good ta go. I guess if one wanted to modify it a bit, a little cutting and welding or riveting or something would do the trick.

I was talking to a guy a coupla months ago who has a spray foam business, he said he does a lot of shipping containers like that, people use them for shops, offices, housing, etc, he said it works out well.

The other idea was to build on the low-boy, use SIPs for construction, with the wings it could go to 10-12ft wide, that would be quick and easy to get a structure up, a lot pre-fabbed in the shop, that could be about the same size or even bigger than your moving van trailer.

Or go the full route like you have, get the trailer and a tractor and outfit it and make a space for a car or two and toys and be completely mobile.

Musings...

--R