If you mention bazooka, most people think of the shoulder held "rocket"
launcher first used in WW-2, but the very first bazooka was a horn made out of
plumbing parts, and then out of stove pipes and a whiskey funnel and invented
by a variety radio host named Bob Burns from Arkansas. WW-2 soldiers adopted
the name for their "tank killer".

Kaleb might have heard his parents or grandparents mention Bob Burns and the
bazooka. People who heard the bazooka played said it would be more effective on
the battle field than the army version. Since it sounded so terrible, the
Germans would have surrendered by the hundreds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Burns_(humorist)

Gerry