You made this far more difficult than necessary, I think.  I just use the
formula:

.7x = .5  which equals .7143 or 71.43%

Where the .7 represents 70% isopropyl alcohol and .5 represents the 50%
dilution I want.

1 - .7143 = .2857 or 28.57%

Meaning that any bottle I fill using 70% isopropyl alcohol should contain
28.57% water, no matter what the size.  So a 16 ounce spray bottle should have
28.57% distilled water (4.6 ounces) and 71.43% isopropyl alcohol (11.4 ounces).

You could change the .7 value to represent whatever dilution of isopropyl
alcohol you have.

That’s not difficult math.

-D