Angie and I are in the studio with Dimitri's girlfriend Kari making some
special gift for ChowdaQ X...
It's cool outside but quite warm in the studio.
Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 2:20 PM, Dan Penoff via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   As usual, it’s hotter than Hades and
humid like the Amazon, so I got out early (8:00) and swapped the fuel filter on
the E320 and drained/refilled the power steering reservoir.  I really like
those special clips they use on later model hoses - with my special pliers they
just snap off and clip back on again - so easy!  I’ll drain and refill the
power steering a couple more times in the next day or two to completely swap
the fluid out.  Also changed the cover on the windshield washer reservoir where
the coolant heater lines go through.  I ordered the part by mistake a couple
weeks ago, thinking I was ordering the actual cap that snaps on the cover to
fill it. Might as well install it, as it was inexpensive and I don’t like to
return stuff to my dealer unless I really don’t need it.

Cleaned up and ran some errands.  Went to my FFL to pick up a semiauto 12 gauge
Lanber shotgun I bought from a Cabela’s in SD. They didn’t know what they had
and were selling it cheap.  Pretty much brand new in the box and it cost me
$250.00.  For that I couldn’t pass it up.  It will make a nice second gun for
the range if someone tags along.

Drooled over a Winchester 101 they had on the wall.  Nice field gun, but darned
expensive. I think I’ll continue to work on buying good used guns to get the
best value for now.

I need to clean the Beretta 686 I bought a couple of weeks ago.  I’ll probably
do that and clean the Lanber later today, then go break some clays tomorrow
before it gets too hot.  Oldest son has never been to the range, so I may take
him and use it as instruction time.  I’ve got 10 cases of ammo I bought a while
back that I really need to clear out of my closet, too.

Getting new carpeting in the master bedroom and guest room on Monday, so I’ll
probably work on getting them cleared out as best as possible before the end of
the day Sunday. The carpet guys move up to five pieces of furniture per room,
so I’m not doing that, just clearing out all the small stuff.

I found a bunch of old Mercedes promotional literature when I was cleaning out
the guest room closet.  I may scan some of it and post links here later on.  I
don’t really have a need for it so I might give it away or put it on eBay.  Not
sure what kind of value it has.

-D