And this the one for which I was gonna split $50 k with Dan? 'Sorry, Dan. Maybe, next time.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Thomas via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Rich Thomas" <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 3:04 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Estate 79 CD

So Max and I went to look at this car.

Good:
Interior pretty nice, some of the wood was coming loose
Original Becker radio, works
Dash good
Everything appears to be there
New battery
Started right up but idling very fast, maybe a missing return spring or something, shut off fine so vac OK
Body straight, no visible dings
Respray at some point looked OK
Pretty clean

Not so good:
Pass door not closing well
AC belt missing so I guess NO ICE COLD
Respray at some point
Rust around side chrome trim
LR bottom of rear window rust hole, water in trunk
Rust at door bottoms
Rusty in front of pass wheel well under the hood in that flat area
Window rubber all dried and cracking
Engine bay needs a good cleaning but otherwise looked OK

I forgot to try the windows and other stuff
I didn't drive it to see how that might be
Spare looked like an original tire on a bundt

I offered the estate sales woman $1500, she was thinking $7k blahblah million mile engine blahblah, she called the old guy and presented the offer, he says he'll think about it and see if any others come in. He didn't say hell no. If she gets back to me like Sat or Sun or something, I'll go drive it and maybe offer $1200 for jerking me around and if there is anything at issue with driving it. Car has apparently been sitting awhile, so not been driven much. Other than the rust, it was a nice looking car. If they get better offers then no problem for me.

I'm thinking If i can get it cheepcheep a BaT candidate with a bit of detailing? Stupid money for it maybe? Quick flip?

--R