Fluid level, engine off, cold morning, was just on the tip of the dipstick.
So I overfilled it, started the car, and the steering works fine.
Instead of heading off for Cleveland I'll drive it around locally this AM and
see if anything bad happens.

Crazy dog started going nuts when I folded the seats, now she just wants to
guard the ML and doesn't want to come in the house. After putting about 10oz of
juice in the AC, it's at least possible to take her to Cleveland with me.
Hard to believe the condenser was warped but not leaking after the deer strike.
Now to do something about the wheel bearings on the dolly, one of them is
loose, the other is way loose.
Mitch.