David Brodbeck wrote:

> Ebay will let you make a "second chance offer" to the second highest
> bidder.  Usually that's what the seller goes for in that situation.

I used to tell ebay to display the bidders list with emails and save it
off immediately before the auction closed. Don't know if you can still
do that now, I haven't sold anything on flea-bay for a few years.
They like to email warnings to ebay users that if a seller makes them
a non-ebay offer he's some kind of criminal and ahould be reported to
them, but I really don't see what they could do about it.
Mitch