The G3 was an upgrade from the old PowerTower with a G3 card -- I refuse to pay more than $300 for what amounts to an appliance/toy. Lightening got both serial ports, so I couldn't get on line or print. Else it still works great.

I bought a "parts" Wallstreet 300 MHz laptop last year to replace my 1400cs because the 1400 was too slow running Word for note taking at my brewer's club. Otherwise it works fine for most of what I want to do. The Wallstreet, circa 1999, works perfectly (new hard drive) and even plays DVD movies well enough.

The Beige is fast enough for the photography I do, and I'm limited in internet access by dialup anyway, so I'm fine

I have a selection, and have also given some away -- the 6100 went to a friend who wanted to get back into graphic design -- slow but it works.

I also have a Mac IIfx -- quite a beast. Was $10,000 new in 1991, without monitor or keyboard. Still runs fine (with 24M of ram, believe it or not) -- was used to do the beer club newletter until a couple years ago when the monitor died. Had to put a new hard drive in it, but otherwise it runs great. Also a couple Perfomas --6360 (only new Mac I've bought) and an older one I forget the number on. Got a PowerTower for my brother, but he never used it, sitting in his basement with a 166 MHz PC card in it.

Macs work so much better, most of the time, than PCs (and even OS 7.5.3 is MUCH more stable) that they work fine for most things.

Mind you, I appreciate the speed, and would rather have a newer machine, but then I'm stuck with a pile of SCSI peripherals.

Peter