> On September 6, 2017 at 12:34 PM Max Dillon via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>  Struts are relatively low mileage, but 8 years old and KYB which is lower
> end stuff.

When KYB came out with adjustable struts in the early 1990s, I put a pair on
the front of the Plymouth. A couple of years later when one started leaking,
KYB gave me two more. A couple of years later when one started leaking, KYB
said they didn't make adjustables for that car any more, gave me a pair of
single tube gas struts, and told me the replacement struts didn't have lifetime
warranty so I wouldn't be getting any more replacements under warranty, the
fact that I'd bought two fairly expensive struts with lifetime warranty didn't
matter.

And that was the end of KYB buying for me. Fortunately the non-adjustables
never failed. IME, KYB never worked as well as Bilstein anyway, but they were
always cheap and easy to find.

Mitch.