To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 12:31 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] MB vs. Sonata

On Mar 8, 2006, at 5:11 AM, John W. Reames III wrote:

Okay, so a new Hyundai will reach 80 with relative ease... how
about for
fairness we compare to a newer MB diesel, or in the alternative,
compare
an older MB to an older Hyundai. (BTW, I had an older excel as a first
car, it needed a rebuilt engine when I got it, and it loved head
gaskets
when exposed to extensive highway driving.  When it downshifted while
going downhill and barely mustering 20, I started looking for a
cliff...

(after about 20Kmi it started blowing between #3 and #4)
-j.

My wife had a new Hyundai Excel when we first got together. It went
138,000mi and the engine was smoking and leaking, steering rack shot,
caliper stuck and the transmission (4spd stick) started squealing and
acting up. She hit a deer and saved me from putting way too much into
a car that cost $5,000 new.
It served its purpose and I would consider it a disposable car. I
forget now how many years it lasted but it had to be right around 5.
Nothing ever went wrong prior to all the stuff that basically wore
out at the same time. It felt like junk right out of the dealer.
She had been driving my 1984 190D 2.2 5spd for a while and loved
everything about it, so I gave it to her. She's owned MB diesels for
12 years now and shows no interest in any other marque.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am