In my case, each of the 3 boats were left at rental properties I owned, and
"likely" were such project boats when they "arrived" then were abandoned
when the renter simply didn't want to move or store them.

Rent income is also based on turn time... and a rent house with a skanky
boat left setting in the side yard does not make prospective new renters
want to rent..

So.... scrap it.. clean up the place.. fix what's broke and get that rental
income back on line... And,,,, no, the renters did not get their deposit
back... ;))