IMO that is one of the top 5 MB sedans ever made (not counting the 600 series) - it's in a league with the W126 S and the W140 S.  I had one of these with the 4.5L engine and while the engine was amazing with great performance, it's fuel mileage was a constant problem.  I got 14MPG when everything was tunes to within a inch of its life. The FI 6 is a better deal. No idea what the bidding will do during the next 5 days but it's one to watch.  Didn't notice if it had AC, it is does it would be puurfect.  ;-)
YMMV
LarryT
91 300D