I think one needs to make a distinction as to what they want in the way of seat
comfort.

I like the W124 and R129 seating, as it “cradles” you well fro more aggressive
driving.

If you want the “living room couch” feel, the W140 and W126 are far better.

Either one isn’t bad for long distance driving, I’ve just found the W126 and
W140 to be more comfortable if I’m making a 18 hour return to home run, that’s
all.

-D