A number of years ago now, I had an 86 Chevy Suburban. The exhaust pipe would crack on the Y pipe where the 2 parts joined  and I would drop into the local Minute Muffler shop. They would put it on the hoist and weld it in place and charge me $8. It would last a year or two and then I would get them to do it again. A bargain then and now.

RB