Congratulations! BTDT, but on an HP.  I think I would buy a complete shell
laptop and transfer the drive and memory next time though - - much less
fiddly work though more money.

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 6:21 PM, Meade Dillon via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Dieselvolk,
>
> During a Series of Unfortunate Events, the screen on our main home laptop
> was cracked.  Major bummer.  Lenovo Thinkpad T420, bought used on a
> recommendation from someone on the list (Rick?) and it was much loved.
>
> When the screen was broken, I immediately researched the part number for
> the LCD screen and ordered a used assembly on Ebay.  Thinking I'd be
> clever, I ordered the entire screen assembly (hinges, bezel, integrated
> camera, as well as the screen panel itself) but I bought a screen from a
> T420S.  I was hoping that I could swap the entire assembly vice taking the
> whole thing apart down to the LCD panel itself.  Wrongo, T420S screen has
> different hinges and different cable connectors, that wasn't going to work
> on my T420.
>
> Ended up taking everything apart down to the panel, swapping over the cable
> from old panel to new, and then putting it all back together.
>
> Hurray!  No screws left over, and it works!

OK Don

for themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg