Buy a spare to keep in the car.Several of us have been down this road. In my 84
190D I couldnt get the pulley to align correctly, Fred gave me a junkyard unit
that worked perfectly. My '83 240D went through 3 or 4 before I got a good one
at which point it needed a new battery.
False economy in those...
Curt
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   That was the plan, but there was none
in stock at the local store. Just got back home. Charger is on the car and now
heading out to pull the alternator. Does not look like local store has one
either so maybe they can get one to me by tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone