Since the topic of the day seems to be tires and whatnot, and since mine are basically bald, I figured it would be a good time to ask. :)

I've got 185/70/R14 tires on there now, and was playing around and noticed that 205/60/R14 tires are almost the exact same diameter. Will the extra width work with the stock bundt cake rims? Or do I just need to suck it up and get 15" rims for a slightly lower profile sidewall?

One other thing I saw was that the owners manual on the W116 CD provides tire sizes for a 280SE and 450SEL. The 450SEL has 6.5" wide rims (with stock size of 205/60/R14), but the 280SE has 6" wide rims (with 185/70/R14). Was wondering if anyone knows what the 300SD uses....

Thanks!!!
John
'79 300SD