Interesting.  Thanks for the info.  I'm guessing the airbags in 2014 might have been due to a crash, but there is that recall in 98 for airbags but that was 16yr before.  Car has some bumper damage she says, not sure if that is related to this rebuilt aspect or what, or something else done to it.  She did mention too that the steering was loose, whatever that means, so maybe it is a damaged beater and just treat it that way.

In any case, with this info, and the girl just wanting to get rid of it I am thinking $800 max on it, maybe less or take it or leave it, I'm guessing she'll moan a bit but say OK.  Max and I are going to take a look at it Saturday.  If I was as cold-hearted as Kleb I would offer $500.

I have no particular interest in the car.  A friend expressed an interest in buying it for her kid, so I will probably ask her if she wants the thing but if anyone else has an interest in it either before or after we look at it, chime in...  I'd rather someone who has at least a bit of appreciation have it, who knows maybe it would have some easy fixes to keep it running for a good long time.

--R