Yes it is quite easy but on mine unless I had an AC guy do it there was no warranty coverage on the units.  So I spent the $100 and my guy came over and spent about 30min pulling down the system, releasing the gas, and then adding a bit more as I have a coupla long lines.  But it is easy enough.  You can buy line sets of various lengths, any excess just coil them up.  My guy told me not to mess with new flares, they never get right.

--R

On 10/3/17 4:19 PM, Scott Ritchey via Mercedes wrote:
The new units come precharged.  You should pull a vacuum (and check for leaks)
before releasing the charge into the rest of the lines.  The kits include
copper the lines but you'll need a GOOD flare tool if you plan to shorten them.
 There are many youtube vidoes on installation but the basic procedure is (1)
drill the big hole (like 1.5 in) through the wall, (2) hang the inside bracket,
(3) unfold the short lines and hand the inside unit, (4) place the outside
unit, (5) connect Freon lines, (6) connect wires, (7) evacuate, and (8) release
Freon (actually R410A).

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of
Rich Thomas via Mercedes
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 9:57 AM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Cc: Rich Thomas <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mini Split HVAC

9k or 12k BTU units for <$1k

https://www.acwholesalers.com/Ductless-Air-Conditioner-Wall-Mounted-Air-
Conditioners/cat1028.ac?mainCat=&subCat=

You'll need a bit of piping and to run your power, you'll need to pay an AC guy
to do the final charging if you want the warranty, or just do it yourself if
not.  They are an easy install, basically just cut a small hole in the wall to
run
the lineset and the drain and comm cable, you need power to the condenser
unit from somewhere (mine are 30A 220V). Easy job really.

--R